Technical Crowd Lead [DNEG Animation]
The Crowd Technical Lead is responsible for guiding the crowd artists to help deliver all aspects of crowd behaviours and simulations using off-the-shelf or proprietary software in an effective and efficient way.
As a technical lead, you will collaborate with the Department supervisor to integrate pipeline tools and workflows, create show-specific tools and setups that complement the Crowd pipeline whilst working closely with Pipeline and R&D teams. Other technical duties will include identifying and solving problems that occur in simulations, cycles and renders, communicating with the Crowd Leads and Supervisors regarding tool requirements and evaluation tools/dev tasks to deliver the most efficient workflows.
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini and Maya
- Strong proficiency with scripting languages like Python and VEX, knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Experience working with a USD based pipeline
- Experience working in a Linux production environment
- Strong troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Motion Builder, Massive, Golaem or other crowd software packages
- Production experience in visual effects, or game industry
- Experience in a Lead position
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Technical mindset
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).