Head of Technology
DNEG Sydney offer a Flexible WFH Policy
consistent global approach to how the technology works and supports the rest of the business. They are a global
team that work together across sites to develop, build and support the core infrastructure and computer systems.
We are looking for someone to head up the technology team in our Sydney office.
What You Do
- Overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Sydney facility IT infrastructure
- Responsible for hiring and line managing staff of all levels to provide technical support to the facility's staff.
- Oversee and support the professional development of staff in the technology department.
- Liaise with the senior management team to help prepare and control the annual CapEx budget.
- Work with the global systems and procurement teams to spec and acquire equipment required.
- Be the point of escalation for technical support requests from the facility.
- Continuously liaise with production teams to ensure the shows are fully supported and able to deliver shows on time and as efficiently as possible.
- Work with various external film studios’ security departments and our internal InfoSec team to help create and maintain IT security policies.
- Work with other DNEG sites around the world to ensure a global approach is established and maintained.
- Overseeing documentation and implementation of departmental and company policies and workflows.
- Communicate and drive ideas and culture.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the VFX industry.
- Previous Systems Administration background would be an advantage.
- Strong team management skills with experience of delegating and coordinating work.
- Experience of disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Proven track record of budgeting and forecasting.
- Managing software licensing.
- In depth technical understanding, particularly with regards to:
- Linux, Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Linux servers and render farms
- Active Directory and cloud identity services
- Storage, including enterprise NAS, RAID etc
- Networking including global VPNs, VOIP telephony, firewalls etc
- Change management (specifically git)
- Render farm implementation, management including Tractor
- Monitoring at scale
- Scripting in various languages particularly Perl, Python and Bash
- Proactive and willing to engage in the day to day activities of the department.
- An optimistic and gently extrovert style would fit best in this organisation.
- Someone with strong team management skills.
- Persistence and the willingness to find alternative solutions will be an asset.
- Hard work and effectiveness is necessary to deal with the ever-changing multitude of tasks.
- A feel for process and how to work with others to achieve improvements is essential.
- Someone who thrives on responsibility and taking the initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- A natural leader.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multi - platform content with studios in London, Vancouver, Toronto, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Bangalore, Montréal and Sydney.
Since the opening of our first studio in London in 1998 we’ve always focused on building close working relationships with filmmakers, we thrive on the collaboration and the creative energy this provides, and we are dedicated to delivering excellence on every project we are involved with.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).