Software Developer - Assets
Software Developer (All Levels) – Assets (Modelling, Groom, World Building)
As well as demonstrating technical skill and initiative, your ability to communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists and end users will help you thrive in this role. We encourage a technically creative attitude and are looking for individuals who are willing and able to bring their own solutions and ideas to the table.
We follow Agile development methodologies and you will work closely with Product Owners and Stakeholders to understand artist needs and deliver bespoke software products. You will have influence in all aspects of the software development life-cycle; designing, supporting and maintaining software as well as integrating tools into our existing pipeline.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Product Development department, contributing to the technology behind exceptional VFX and Feature Animation work, partnering with smart, creative and versatile teams of technologists and artists.
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant professional experience
● Programming experience in Python and/or C++
● Basic knowledge of the core principles of geometry creation
● Basic knowledge of Maya and/or Houdini
Nice to have:
● Experience of software development in a Linux environment
● Experience with source control systems and developing within a team
● Experience with unit/integration testing
● Experience in Qt, Boost,
● Experience with the Maya and Houdini Python/C++ SDKs
● Experience working within an Assets production pipeline
A note on Equal Opportunities
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing an inclusive, diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).