Technology Manager, Mumbai
Job Title: Technology Manager, Mumbai
Main duties and responsibilities:
● Overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Mumbai facility IT infrastructure.
● Responsible for hiring and line managing staff of all levels to provide technical support for artists and other support staff.
● Oversee and support the professional development of staff in the technology department.
● Liaise with the senior management team to help prepare and control the annual CapEx budget.
● Work with the global systems and procurement teams to spec and acquire equipment required.
● Be the point of escalation for technical support requests from the facility.
● Continuously liaise with production teams to ensure the shows are fully supported and able to deliver shows on time and as efficiently as possible.
● Work with various external film studios’ security departments and our internal InfoSec team to help create and maintain IT security policies.
● Work with other DNEG sites around the world to ensure a global approach is established and maintained.
● Overseeing documentation and implementation of departmental and company policies and workflows.
● Communicate and drive ideas and culture.
● At least 15 years of IT experience.
● Previous Systems Administration background would be an advantage.
● Strong team management skills with experience of delegating and coordinating work.
● Experience of disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
● Proven track record of budgeting and forecasting.
● Managing software licensing.
● In depth technical understanding, particularly with regards to:
● Linux, Windows and Mac Operating Systems
● Linux servers and render farms
● Active Directory
● Storage, including enterprise NAS, RAID etc
● Networking including global VPNs, VOIP telephony, firewalls etc
● Change management (specifically git)
● Render farm implementation, management including Tractor
● Monitoring at scale
● Scripting in various languages particularly Perl, Python and Bash
Needs to be:
● Proactive and willing to engage in the day to day activities of the department.
● An optimistic and gently extrovert style would fit best in this organisation.
● Someone with strong team management skills.
● Persistence and the willingness to find alternative solutions will be an asset.
● Hard work and effectiveness is necessary to deal with the ever-changing multitude of tasks.
● A feel for process and how to work with others to achieve improvements is essential.
● Someone who thrives on responsibility and taking the initiative.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Excellent organisational skills.
● Must work well as part of a team.
● A natural leader.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).