As a Tool Developer you will work as part of a team of software developers to improve, maintain and support the tools used by our artists to produce our award winning Visual Effects work. You will work closely with those artists to establish the best approach for making improvements to our tools, written in Python and C++.
Our talented Tool Developers are highly technical and are logical and practical in their approach to solving complex problems. You will be regularly required to:
- design, develop and deliver tooling for artists
- ensure seamless integration of your tools with the DNEG pipeline
- collaborate with artists and other software developers to establish requirements for improvements to our tools
- produce technical specifications and documentation for the tools you develop
- ensure that bug reports and support requests are dealt with swiftly and efficiently
As well as being technically proficient, you will also need to be a good communicator - you will be producing technical documentation, assessing and understanding the needs and requirements of artists, and communicating development timeframes to the team lead and Project Manager. Your ability to articulate complex technical information to non-technical people will help you thrive in this role.
This is a great opportunity to join DNEG’s Production Technology department and work as part of a team of talented software developers, reporting to the Lead Tool Developer. You will have influence in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, and will be contributing to the technology behind exceptional VFX work ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas.
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience
- Software development experience in Python and C++
- Practical experience writing tools for artists
- Working knowledge of other specialisms within the Visual Effects pipeline
Nice to have
- Experience with automated software testing methodologies and tools
- Working knowledge of additional programming languages
- Experience using and/or writing extensions for other industry standard VFX software
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Commitment to Diversity
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).