Software Developer, Data Frameworks
Software Developer II - Data Frameworks
Core Services is looking for a Software Developer to join its Data Frameworks domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Data Frameworks domain in Core Services provides foundational software to other teams that are intended to be utilized to provide end-user functionality. We provide abstraction layers to the core database’s data models that are utilized across various products, and automation libraries and frameworks to assist software developers in creating consistent automation.
As a Software Developer in the Data Frameworks domain, you will develop new products, improve existing products. You will also need to troubleshoot issues raised by other technology teams. The ideal candidate will likely have 4+ years of experience in professional software development.
Experience in the VFX industry is not a prerequisite for this role.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new back end web applications and services for various databases and DAG related automation frameworks.
- Fix bugs in libraries and frameworks.
- Provide sprint-based updates on tasks’ progress.
- Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
- Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Fluency in areas such as data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modelling, and schema design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Have
- Agile development experience using Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of back end web frameworks, such as: Django, Flask, or Falcon.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
- Knowledge of CI/CD workflows.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).