VFX Data Wrangler
The Shoot team at DNEG is a fantastic mix of experienced onset and creative artists who continuously capture and process the highest quality of onset data for use in downstream departments. The team is crucial in acquiring and delivering quality data both assets and shots VFX work.
Your role will include Data Wrangling, capturing photography and lidar scanning and processing the captured onset data using proprietary tools. You will maintain effective communication to the show and supervisors on where to find the relevant data. We aim to balance out the onset work hours with processing work at DNEG’s studio.
- Proven production experience of VFX photography and/or onset Data Wrangling on multiple VFX feature films
- Knowledge and experience of Image Processing techniques
- Thorough understanding of capture techniques for VFX. These would include Photography, Photogrammetry and Lidar scanning/processing and their use in a VFX Pipeline
- Knowledge and experience of onset Data Wrangling and using File Maker Pro. Able to work with camera crews and have a good understanding of VFX onset work
- Clean UK Driving Licence
Nice to Have
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (Film, TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- A general TD background
- Maya, Python or MEL knowledge
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Good understanding of Linux-based operating systems
- Highly organised, meticulous, pro-active and a self-starter
- Attention to detail
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines.
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Adaptable, flexible and a willingness to travel
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).