The Shoot team at DNEG is a fantastic mix of experienced onset and creative artists who continuously capture and process the highest quality of onset data for use in downstream departments. The team is crucial in acquiring and delivering quality data for both assets and shots VFX work.
Your role will include Data Wrangling, capturing photography, LIDAR scanning and processing the captured onset data using proprietary tools. You will maintain effective communication to the show and supervisors on where to find the relevant data. We aim to balance out the onset work hours with processing work at DNEG’s studio.
- Experience using LIDAR scanners to capture VFX Data on set and knowledge of processing techniques
- Proven production experience of VFX photography and/or onset Data Wrangling on multiple VFX feature films
- Knowledge and experience of Image Processing techniques
- Thorough understanding of other capture techniques for VFX. These would include Photography, Photogrammetry and their use in a VFX Pipeline
- Knowledge and experience of onset Data Wrangling and using File Maker Pro. Able to work with camera crews and have a good understanding of VFX onset work
- Clean UK Driving Licence
Nice to Have
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (Film, TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- A general TD background
- Maya, Python or MEL knowledge
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Good understanding of Linux-based operating systems
- Highly organised, meticulous, pro-active and a self-starter
- Attention to detail
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines.
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Adaptable, flexible and a willingness to travel
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).