At DNEG, our CG Supervisors are the glue that holds projects together. They are vital to the delivery of our shows and we rely on them heavily to provide technical leadership.
It is their responsibility to interpret and implement the creative aims of the Director and VFX Supervisors within budget.
As a CG Supervisor, you will oversee a team of talented artists as they produce CG assets, set up a working shot pipeline, and successfully deliver CG elements for the shots on your project. You will technically lead your team throughout the show, ensuring that good and clear communication occurs at all times between the artists, production team, technology teams, and department supervisors. You will contribute to the bidding and crewing for your project, and proactively provide feedback on the crew and the pipeline.
- Previous experience as a CG Supervisor, Senior Department Supervisor or Sequence Supervisor on a minimum of one high-end feature film
- Excellent aesthetic judgment
- Ability to sell creative solutions and ideas to clients and VFX Supervisors
- Ability to reduce complex problems to their most simple solutions
- Thorough understanding of the complete VFX pipeline
- Proven history of collaborating with R&D teams, and the ability to provide, test and deploy new tool specifications in a production environment
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Expert in Maya, Houdini and/or Clarisse, and proficient in other industry standard software
- Proven team leader with strong motivational and initiative qualities
- Excellent communicator
- Recognized attention to detail and organization skills
- Technically and creatively astute
- Highly organized
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).