Expression of Interest - Supervising Colourist
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
The Supervising Colourist works closely with the VFX and compositing supervisors to produce neutral grades or balance grades for all incoming shots and plates within a shot when required, providing a technically neutral basis for our VFX work and consistency across sequences.
In this role, you will oversee the ingest of client grades and will need to be able to compare these against references, match grade if necessary, and create new 'look' grades when required based on notes or during attended sessions.
You will work with the colour science team for show set-ups and colour-related troubleshooting and liaise with both editorial and production to ensure that all work is complete and correct.
The Supervising Colourist will be expected to produce high quality and precise grades, delivered on time, and have a solid understanding (and ability to improve) the colour systems in use.
- The ability to detect colour bias and a match between images
- Advanced experience in colour correct images and match grade
- Experience using all types of grade files such as .cc, .ccc. .cdl and .cubes
- A solid understanding of colour spaces and camera colour spaces
- Experience using Nuke and Resolve
- Knowledge of colour science and colour management systems such as ACES
- Experience in post-production workflow including on-set, DIT, DI, and VFX
- Knowledge of digital cameras and associated colour spaces, LUTs and other properties
- Exposure to Baselight, Resolve and other grading software
- Strong eye for colour
- Obsessed with detail and accuracy
- Calm under pressure
- Well organised and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and motivated, with good follow up communication with relevant Supervisors
- Adaptable and flexible
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).