Internal Audit Staff/Senior Accountant
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that's you—if you're a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Execute and communicate assigned audit engagements that may be conducted both individually and collaboratively with other Internal Audit members or consultants
- Participate in SOX testing, execution of the internal audit plan and be assigned audit engagements that are of moderate complexity.
- Interface with all levels of management and work collaboratively with Accounting, Operations, and the company's external auditors.
- Perform continuous evaluation of the organization’s financial reporting, operational and IT controls to ensure they are functioning as intended and make recommendations as necessary to improve processes.
- Evaluate audit results with Corporate Accounting and Operations to resolve any internal control deficiencies
- Develop and present clear and concise reports on the results of audit examinations, including identifying risks and making recommendations to help mitigate the risks
- Support the internal audit team (internal and third-party providers in the annual assessment of the effective of internal controls over financial reporting for SOX purposes and help ensure the company meets all annual SOX compliance requirements.
What you have:
- 2-5 years of public accounting, financial reporting, or internal audit experience
- Understanding of GAAP and basic SEC rules and Regulations
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley, risks, and controls
- Basic understanding of General Information Technology Controls
- Experience of executing and documenting test results per the audit plan
- Capability of concluding and discussing test results with auditee
- Familiarity of performing process walkthroughs and evaluating related controls, identifying potential control gaps or enhancements to the process.
- Understanding of the external audit process and requirements
- Understanding of risk-based internal auditing
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in construction, home building or manufacturing a plus
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $62,000-$80,000 plus annual bonus potential. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors, including experience.