Director of Land Acquisition
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and an industry leader in online sales.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Regional Vice President of Land Acquisition generates lot and community positions to satisfy the Division's need for new home construction. The Regional VP of Land Acquisition ensures that the lot supply is identified, reviewed for feasibility, evaluated for market absorption, and compared to resale and new home sales given the operating parameters of the studio and Division.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify locations for new homes working with MLS, private parties, investor groups, banks, developers, and other sources.
- Identify the owners, sellers of lots that are in desirable locations.
- Write contracts and facilitate the execution of purchasing lots.
- Work together with the Division Manager and Lot Acquisition team to ensure that we obtain lots to meet Division needs and goals on a Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual basis.
- Create a preliminary budget of known items (i.e., approximate clearing, number of loads of fill, septic/well, sewer/water, culverts, power, drive handing) and communicate the summary report for each land position.
- Perform research on each lot to ensure no adverse restrictions such as eagles, owls, tortoises, minimum size requirements, etc.
- Maintain Lot Purchase/Pipeline schedules in conjunction with the Corporate Land Manager.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Effective and professional communication with prospective sellers, outside agencies, and employees.
- Organizational aptitude to manage the contract writing and filing process in a timely fashion to ensure accuracy and complete execution.
- Computer skills to work with multiple software programs and electronic communication.
- Capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- The attitude of a positive and dedicated team player who has a strong work ethic and demeanor that fosters customer trust.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification, accreditation, or job experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience and lot or land acquisition.