Regional Vice President Of Finance
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and ensuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Regional Vice President of Finance who has a passion for homebuilding, analysis and results. This position will be responsible for working with the regional president in overseeing and working with each division to achieve business commitments and maximize performance. This position will work with the Mountain Region on financial planning and analysis, reporting, budgeting, operational improvement, forecasting, financial control systems, back-office operational efficiency, and cost accounting.
Success will be measured by the region’s ability to drive improved performance of divisional operations, including growth, profitability, capital efficiency, and SG&A leverage.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with the regional president and the division management team to create, review and improve the annual business plan and quarterly forecast update, ensuring a high level of transparency and accuracy
- Work with the regional president to create, review and improve the regional annual business plan and quarterly forecast.
- Works with the regional president and division management to review the division’s land pipeline, land development budgets, and land development schedules, as well as analyzing the viability and structure of potential deals and determining the direction of future project and product positioning
- Review sales gross margin worksheets and work the with divisions to understand underperformance and implement strategies to improve performance.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results, including reasons for variance from the annual plan
- Perform post-acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps as well as areas of improvement for future deals
- Provide analytical support to management to improve homebuilding operations and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancement
- Review pricing, including base prices, lot premiums, option pricing, and incentive promotions in the context of the competitive environment (CMAs), and balancing the required pace with price.
- Work closely with the divisions and their purchasing departments to identify strategies and actions that will reduce direct costs and track commodity pricing and review our plan portfolio to ensure efficiency in purchasing.
- Serve as a regional driver of process improvement efforts driven to standardized processes in all aspects of the operation
- Work with the regional president and others in identifying, analyzing, conducting due diligence, and integrating M&A opportunities and potential new market entrances.
- Provide support and direction to the Corporate Accounting group in the preparation of division financial statements and disclosure
- Oversee internal control and other accounting/operational procedures within the region
- Support all regional and divisional departments with special projects
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA and CPA preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in residential homebuilding, land or construction
- Experience in an operational and finance role with public homebuilders a plu
- Work experience in manufacturing operations or purchasing a plus
- Knowledge of NewStar and IBM TM1 a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through on projects
- Willingness to be proactive and take on additional responsibilities
- Maintain effective working relationships with vendors, suppliers, co-workers, and supervisory personnel
- Ability to travel nationwide.