Director Of National Land Development
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
Century Communities is currently in search of a Director of National Land Development to support Century Complete operations. Century Complete is unique in that the Company does not develop lots, and only acquires finished, platted, lots. The role will be responsible for supporting the Company’s regional land teams by providing best practices and expertise to help manage the developers who are selling finished lots to the Company. This includes working with developers, helping set development schedules and keep projects on schedule, working through entitlements, and ensuring lots meet the contractual requirements in the Purchase Agreement. This is a National role that will require travel to the different regions that Century Complete operates in.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review LD schedules with regional land teams and developers and provide input to maintain/accelerate finished lot deliveries
- Provide guidance to regional land teams to help them to better manage 3rd party developers
- Visit sites to ensure and verify development progress, as well as review finished lots and ensure they are in line with finished lot conditions in the Purchase Agreement.
- Utilize Century’s economies of scale with national/regional LD material suppliers and distributors to reduce LD costs by working with National Purchasing to create discount and direct buy programs
- Review and recommend in support of all material revisions to land development budgets
- Coordinate and manage surety obligations
- Help regions source new 3rd party developers
- Establish and grow the company’s network of land developer contacts creating strategic partnerships on a market, regional and national level.
What You'll Have:
- Ability to analyze land development budgets and schedules and provide ideas to improve both
- Ability to supervise land planning and/or land development projects such as grading, roads, utilities, stormwater drainage, parks, amenity centers, entry monumentation and community landscaping
- Ability to be able to be a creative and relentless problem solver
- Public administration knowledge to facilitate the acquisition of information concerning map conditions, planning proposals, and government initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to interact successfully with divisions, local officials, community leaders, staff, and the public, to organize and facilitate meetings and events, and to conduct negotiations, find common ground and develop consensus among disparate interests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations to large and small groups
- Supervise the preparation of acquisition feasibility packages, including product recommendations, site-budget analysis, and risk mitigation measures
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years in development and entitlement of residential communities, land planning/management, residential real estate or related activities
- Knowledge of real estate entitlement requirements and process