Director of Construction
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Director of Construction for our new Dallas Division will be an integral part of the leadership team, reporting directly to the Division President. This position will be responsible for hiring, managing and leading the construction team through the entire construction process, from inception to final completion of homes. A major role of the Director of Construction will be to focus on providing on time delivery of a high-quality homes while balancing the financial objectives and ensuring customer satisfaction. This position will play a vital role in the direction and management of the construction process and overall field management. The new Director of Construction will be responsible for all warranty functions including cycle time, budgets and vendor accountability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Division President to determine company needs and to define a strategic plan for growth
- Oversee the Project Management team for scheduling projects, achieving budgets, and meeting deadlines, ensuring site safety and SWPPP compliance
- Monitors projects to address delays, bad weather, and emergencies
- Establish and enforce project management discipline, policies, processes and tools that enable world-class execution
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining actual project performance data to facilitate historical analyses to improve estimating accuracy and field construction performance
- Manage, hire and train all Construction Personnel including: Area Managers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, customer care personnel and administrators
- Ensure accuracy of construction status reporting
- Provide evaluation of sub-contractor performance
- Responsible for quality control, quality assurance, EPA and OSHA compliance
- Responsible for appearance of all communities, models and spec homes
- Oversee Customer Care Department - Establish and monitor customer care policies, processes and procedures to ensure complete homebuyer satisfaction; resolve any outstanding customer complaints, and seek ways to improve customer survey results and the complete customer experience
- Review all work in process to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, building codes and Company standards
- Review and recommend improvements to both existing and proposed plans; Responsible for ensuring that all needed red-lining of plans is complete
- Field responsibility for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins and improving the bottom line
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Must be a licensed contractor
- Extensive Build Pro experience
- Must have thorough understanding of both Vertical and Horizontal Experience. Must be able to Run 10 plus jobs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field OR 10+ years of experience in a production home building environment
- 7+ years in residential construction