Land Staff Accountant
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Land Staff Accountant assists in completing all land-related accounting and project setup and activities, including preparation, analysis, and interpretation of land accounting records and financial information.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the land accounting department with various functions, including transactional processing, cost allocation, and analysis.
- Prepare recurring and adjust journal entries.
- Assist with variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly accounting schedules used for job costing.
- Review accounting reports and make adjustments for variances, as directed.
- Responsible for land accounting.
- Enter/update budgets for land jobs into Newstar.
- Attend monthly land budget meetings and adjust budgets as necessary.
- Update and review budgets to approve purchase orders.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong Excel/MS Office skills.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 – 4 years of experience in accounting.
- Residential homebuilding/construction accounting experience preferred.
Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $55,000-$70,000 plus annual bonus potential. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors, including experience.