Position Title: Construction Manager Department: Construction Services
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Construction Managers are responsible for overseeing and directing community construction projects from conception to completion. The Construction Manager reviews the project in-depth to schedule deliverables, estimate costs, and manage all onsite and offsite construction to monitor building and safety regulations compliance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- This position will oversee construction activities at assigned communities and manage our partners in building to ensure homes are built according to quality standards.
- Walk homes daily to ensure plan accuracy, conduct quality control inspections and ensure schedule adherence.
- Manage and maintain the appearance of job site equipment and materials and ensure homes and production sites are clean, well-organized, safe and secure, so as not to interfere with marketing efforts and occupied homes.
- Monitor job sites to identify and correct inefficiencies and waste, authorize payments after verification of quality and 100% completion of work, resolve invoice and/or payment discrepancies.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- 3+ years in residential and/or multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of building codes, residential construction concepts, and practices.
- Strong time management, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to read building plans, analyze problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Preferred: Direct customer relations/warranty support experience.
- Preferred: Buildpro scheduling experience
#LI - ST1