Position Title: Loan Closer Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Home Loans, a Century Communities, Inc. company is currently searching for an experienced Loan Closer. This position can be filled in Charlotte, NC or Newport Beach, CA. The qualified candidate will have 3-5 recent closing experience working on conventional and government loans, preferably in a builder environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Audit file for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with underwriting, government, investor and company guidelines;
- Current knowledge of TRID with ability to calculate fee tolerance cures and determine proper waiting periods;
- Prepare CD and coordinate closing date with processor and closing agent;
- Confirm all prior-to-doc conditions are met and signed off by appropriate parties before releasing loan documents;
- Prepare loan documents and ensure closing package is complete, fees accurate and fully compliant;
- Review signed closing package for accuracy;
- Ensure all prior-to-funding conditions are met and properly signed off;
- Coordinate closings with settlement agents;
- Responsible for preparing and verifying final funding figures;
- Prepare wire request for funding and provide settlement agent with funding authorization;
- Post-closing duties include confirming recording/disbursement, preparing collateral package, MERS registration, exporting 3.2 DU file, curing post-closing deficiencies, reconciling final settlement statement and preparing post-closing CD, if needed.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Conventional and Government (FHA/VA/USDA) loans experience required, builder environment, a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of TRID and RESPA LE/CD, required.
- Proficient with loan origination systems, Encompass, a plus.
- Strong aptitude for detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be independent and a self starter.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years recent closing/funding experience, preferably within a builder environment.
- Proven ability to manage 100 closings/month.