Assistant Construction Manager - West Sacramento, CA
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Assistant Construction Manager is a "hands-on, on-site" role. The Assistant Construction Manager works closely with the Construction Manager and trades to ensure adherence to the construction schedule and support the overall new Homebuyer satisfaction with their new home.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assistant Construction Manager with all construction activities.
- Assist with direction for all field personnel to complete the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Help maintain construction schedule, identify problems and provide solutions, emphasizing Cycle Time adherence.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Assist with house starts within prescribed budgets, validating work completed before vendor payment. Properly negotiate the best value when Variance Purchase Orders (VPOs) are required, along with obtaining authorization for reporting manager for any indirect construction expenses necessary to manage the job site.
- Ensures compliance of development, architectural, and engineering plans and specifications.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of contractors' paperwork.
- Ensure purchase orders are promptly processed.
- Use scheduling software and update tasks as directed by the community Construction Manager.
- Maintain constant quality control inspection on all job phases as directed by Construction Managers.
- Keep Construction Managers informed of subcontractor personnel, the amount of work accomplished, and whether the subcontractor is on schedule.
- Ensure homes are 100% ready at QA Day 1 and ensure homes are 100% ready and clean on the day of the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
- Manage a community for short periods if the Construction Manager is absent.
- Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Check for safety violations of all job site workers daily.
- Help maintain the materials list posted in the construction office trailer.
- Be familiar with the Safety and Construction Standards manuals.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control.
- Efficiency in handling multiple projects and working in a fast-paced environment while being calm and positive.
- Proficiency with blueprints.
- Effective with managers and employees at all levels.
- Proactive at developing positive relationships and productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- A "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working "hands-on" when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Attention to detail.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Previous experience with BuildPro construction software is a plus.
Your Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Construction Management is preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in the Construction / Homebuilding industry.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
- Familiarity with Hyphen Solutions applications (BuildPro/SupplyPro) is preferred but not required.