Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality, and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become a top 10 U.S. public homebuilder, and in 2018 we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. How did we get here? By focusing on our buyers, working side by side with each one to build a home that achieves their goals and fulfills their dreams. To remain an industry leader, we need passionate self-starters, changemakers and thoughtful collaborators. Just as our motto is A Home for Every Dream™, we’re committed to finding the right candidate for every dream job.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position). If you’re interested in a career with Century Communities, we’d love to hear from you!
Construction Managers are an integral member of our Community Teams. The Construction Manager leads all aspects of home building processes according to quality standards and local building codes while adhering to budgets, ensuring on-time home delivery and providing the level of service required to achieve established customer satisfaction goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will oversee construction activities at assigned communities and manage our partners in building to ensure homes are built according to quality standards.
- Walk homes daily to ensure plan accuracy, conduct quality control inspections and ensure schedule adherence.
- Manage and maintain the appearance of job site equipment and materials and ensure homes and production sites are clean, well-organized, safe and secure, so as not to interfere with marketing efforts and occupied homes.
- Monitor job sites to identify and correct inefficiencies and waste, authorize payments after verification of quality and 100% completion of work, resolve invoice and/or payment discrepancies.
- 3+ years in residential and/or multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of building codes, residential construction concepts, and practices.
- Strong time management, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to read building plans, analyze problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Preferred: Direct customer relations/warranty support experience.
- Preferred: Buildpro scheduling experience