Land Acquisition Analyst - Jacksonville
Position Title: Lot Acquisition Analyst
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Lot Acquisition Analyst assists with identifying new land acquisition opportunities that align with the land strategy and business plan goals of the division. Conduct research, provide analysis, and manage land data for the purposes of maximizing the profit of proposed land assets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring land transactions close on time.
- Coordinates and tracks the status of efforts across Seller, Corporate, Region and Division teams.
- Prepares all required documentation and secures internal approvals for funding of the transaction.
- Communicates with Division and Region team to secure the required building permits and vertical construction budgets prior to closing.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to close on transactions early.
- Support Regional and Divisional teams in analyzing land prospects.
- Extract & analyze data from a variety of sources including the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites.
- Prepare market study data to be included into presentations.
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential investments
- Prepare pre-acquisition investment briefs and related support material.
- With the guidance of Land Acquisition leadership, help prepare detailed business plans for future developments, with emphasis on the market data aspect, with relevant support data for submittal to Corporate Land Committee to seek approval of new real estate transactions.
- Create and maintain a tracking system for HOA involvement.
- Understand basic HOA obligations and effects on the property.
- Communicate with 3rd party HOA managers.
- Assist Land Acquisition leadership with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assist the Land Acquisition team in preparing the market studies for potential growth markets.
- Compile data and present to the corporate team.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- A background in real estate or market research is desired and professional knowledge of the home-building and land brokerage industry is highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, with exposure to GIS helpful.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to multi-task required.
- Strong desire to work in land acquisition
- Position is initially remote and then will report regularly to the Jacksonville office.