Mortgage Loan Officer
Position Title: Mortgage Loan Officer Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Home Loans is seeking an experience loan officer to join the team in our San Antonio, TX location. This role will be responsible for continually identifying, developing and maintaining customer financing objectives, advising customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines while gathering any additional required information. The Loan Officer will ensure exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and all regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In conformity with Inspire Home Loans' policies/procedures and applicable law, the Loan Officer will collect and analyze each customer's financial information and assess if the individual can qualify for a specific loan product.
- Advise the potential borrower regarding risks and benefits of the loan alternatives, including the options and variables involved.
- Discuss the loan products available to best meet the needs of the individual depending on their personal circumstances.
- Ascertain all pertinent documentation to ensure the loan is approved.
- Communicate effectively with all parties to include the customer, the sales associate, processing, underwriting, closing, the title company and the builder.
- Lock the rate.
- Manage personal production and ensure closings are handled appropriately and timely.
- Meet and/or exceed company standards.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and customer service towards all customers.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Thorough knowledge of all loan types to include conventional, FHA and VA.
- Proficient with loan origination systems, Encompass, a plus.
- Thorough, working knowledge of AUS (LP, DU).
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong, professional business relationships.
- Ability to handle a heavy work load with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to travel (inter-state) when needed.
- Independent, reliable, detail focused and organized.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience originating loans, builder preferred.
- Must be actively licensed in the State of Texas (NMLS).