Area Land Development Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of residential land development activities from due diligence to bond exoneration while achieving Division quality, timing and budget goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate due diligence on new property acquisitions.
- Manage project budgets, schedules, cash flow and development trades.
- Coordinate with municipalities and other government agencies from entitlement to final acceptance.
- Manage trade bidding and contracting efforts.
- Review and value engineer design documents, site plans and plats for design criteria and accuracy. Check availability and location of all wet and dry utilities and verify costs involved in gaining access to these utilities as well as any development impact fees.
- Manage field efforts related to storm water compliance.
- Coordinate engineers, contractors and inspectors.
- Homeowner Association coordinatioin and turnover.
- Oversee entrance and amenity construction.
- Ensure timely return of subdivision performance and maintenance bonds.
- Manage up to two employees
What you will have:
- 3 -5 years experience in residential land development.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or Construction Management.