National Manager of Construction Services
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: The National Manager of Construction Services will be responsible for refining and managing our Centralized Purchasing processes in our enterprise software system "NewStar". Areas of focus in this role include:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring 'NewStar' data analytics and activity for the National/Centralized purchasing team.
- Continually optimize NewStar processes to improve operational efficiency by learning & evaluating all processes currently in place.
- Create Templates to add efficiency to routine processes, including but not limited to Option 'take rates' and margin analysis, routine integration reports, and routine audit reports.
- Provide Excel analytical training for the Centralized Purchasing team.
- Assist in the value engineering processes across all divisions.
- Perform purchasing data analysis to improve each division's supply chain performance across the company.
- Work with regional teams in implementing NewStar initiatives
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive operational use of NewStar, Excel and BuildPro.
- Understand the home construction process.
- Ability to read building plans, analyze problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Consistently demonstrates timely follow-up on assigned tasks.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions and act in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to their work.
- 6+ years in residential and/or multi-family construction.
- 1+ year managing other employees.
- Strong time management, communication, and organization skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- NewStar - Constellation Software experience REQUIRED.
- BuildPro Software Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field strongly Preferred (GED and equivalent work experience may be considered).