Accounts Payable Coordinator
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all invoices are entered in a timely manner, all insurance requirements are up to date and that all subcontractors, consultants and vendors are paid within the company guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Process high volume Invoices for both Non-PO and PO invoices for respective division(s) in timely manner.
- Monitor Non-PO invoices in various queues to ensure meeting 5-day SLA requirement.
- Ensure all invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts.
- Process daily permits each morning within designated deadline.
- Ensure all back charges are taken against available open invoices.
- Follow appropriate steps to ensure proper handling of all payments.
- Scan checks and invoice batches and save to respective folders on shared drive.
- Interact with all levels of the organization for dispute resolution, obtaining approvals and invoice processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments as well as external customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Research vendor inquiries to include payment status and late payments.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal departments as well as external customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to learn new things and take on additional responsibilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Approachable and exudes a willingness to help the team
- Experience working in a Shared Services environment with strong customer service skills
Education and Experience:
- Associate Business/Accounting Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years Accounts Payable experience
- Residential home-building / Construction accounting experience preferred
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $22.00 - $24.00/hour plus annual bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.