Permit Coordinator-Palm Bay, FL
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Permit Coordinator is responsible for assembling all documents required for permitting new home construction and submitting the same to the various municipalities/authorities. Obtain all building and utility permits per the lot purchase schedule.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate and assemble all required documents for permit submittal to various municipalities, including but not limited to:
- Job/Site-specific plans.
- Floor and roof truss layout and engineering.
- Energy Code Compliance Worksheet.
- Appointment of Lien Agent (if applicable).
- Plot plan.
- Permit application/Permit Placards.
- Monitor and follow up on permit status to ensure timely permit issuance per the Lot Purchase schedule.
- Perform check requests for all permits and utility applications
- Assist in DD by verifying processes, documents, and costs associated with proposed location(s) for new lot purchases. Includes any HOA (ARC) approvals as well as municipal requirements.
- Update and verify any changes in pricing for utility connections fees and municipal permitting costs/requirements and coordinate budget dollars with DM/PM.
- Manage and request plot plans per lot acceptance process for Division. Input request and receive dates as required in POD
- Compile and distribute start packages to Studios for delivery to Builders.
- Submit and pick up all building and Utility permits in all municipalities for the Division.
- Resolve permitting concerns that may arise.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Knowledge of construction, blueprints, and codes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage administrative staff.
Your Education and Experience:
- An Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related degree is preferred.
- Must be a Notary Public or obtain within two weeks of employment.