Area Sales Manager
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Area Sales Manager for the Charlotte Division will be responsible for driving and achieving area sales goals by implementing company strategies, while developing and leading a sales team to maximize sales volume and profitability for the company.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sales strategies, by balancing key performance measures, to maintain and improve the Company's sales results
- Monitor and analyze sales pipeline, business ratios and the sales activities of each sales associate
- Manage the contract process to ensure accurate and timely contracts.
- Review and approve purchase agreements.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team in developing sales forecasts in line with the overall business plan
- Travel between communities spending the majority of each day in the field working with the Sales Associates providing intensive and on-going coaching, training, and feedback.
- Regularly visiting and inspecting sales offices and communities for improvement opportunities.
- Regularly reviewing sales goals and evaluating performance against these goals at a community and individual performer level.
- Regularly reviewing sales numbers (price, inventory, backlog, etc.) and use them to evaluate the effectiveness of your sales and incentive programs.
- Regularly reviewing competitors and market research and serving as an internal expert on both new and used home product in assigned markets.
- Regularly sourcing and identifying talent in the market and building a pipeline for future growth.
- Regularly reporting and communicating to other departments and functions, as needed.
- Manage customer backlog, including any outstanding contingencies.
- Engage problem solving skills when necessary
- Manage the agenda for the bi-weekly sales meetings.
- Recommend home sales prices and buyer incentives while ensuring project margins are met.
- Interface with prospective and current homeowners to solve any concerns or complaints, and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Complete understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle as it relates to the new home sales environment.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills - must be effective at providing detailed and specific feedback to staff to equip them to meet identified business goals.
- Self-directed; takes initiative, pro-actively addresses problems and can work with minimal oversight. Must be effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong software skills; must be fluent in all Microsoft Office. Experience in CRM's.
- Ability to evaluate data (Market Research Data, etc.) accurately, with attention to detail, while staying clearly focused on the big picture to make business decisions.
- Ability to influence others, negotiate outcomes, and articulate action plans to sales staff, as well as, internal and external customer groups.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in the home building industry including a sales role is required.
- 3 years in a sales management including training, coaching, leading and motivating a team in a public homebuilding environment preferred.
- NC/ SC RE license preferred.