Post-Closing CD Auditor
Position Title: Post-Closing CD Auditor Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
This position will handle the Post-close CD Reconciliation & Audit requirements to ensure compliance with post-consummation CD requirements. The successful candidate will review Consummation CDs at the loan-level, post-close, for all compliance requirements including line-by-line reconciliation of fees, as compared to 3rd party fee statements and internal LOS systems, and reviews for potential clerical errors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles consummation and post-consummation CDs line-by-line for FEE tolerance issues
- Performs detailed audits of LE/CD on select loan basis for all points of compliance requirements
- Requests, logs and tracks any post-close CD tolerance refunds to borrowers
- Updates and corrects CDs and issues post-close CDs to consumers
- Manage other post-close compliance requirements as required
- Provides feedback to manager regarding trending or egregious CD issues
- Manages reports and pipelines to ensure timely review and reconciliation of post-close CDs
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Knowledge of TRID/CD guidelines.
- Excellent PC skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn additional programs required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail, analytical and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with third parties and team members.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- High level of integrity and trust; Team-player with selfless attitude.
- Availability to work overtime during surges in workload.
Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent require.
- Minimum of 2 years closing, post-closing or Mortgage QC experience required.
- Loan Origination System experience, Encompass, a plus.