Insurance Sales Agent
Position Title: Insurance Sales Agent Department: Finance
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—IHL Home Insurance Agency knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Licensed agent responsible for accurately quoting and placing coverage for clients of a National Homebuilder in all active states. Service client needs for Homeowners insurance, flood and other personal lines coverage based on a range of personal lines products designed to fit individual clients’ risk exposure.
- Solicit and sell homeowner’s, dwelling, fire, earthquake, flood, condo, renters, windstorm and personal umbrella policies to new builder clients and referral customers.
- Issue policies as required.
- Evaluate property risk to accurately quote and recommend insurance coverage based on property location, company underwriting guidelines, previous loss experience and credit scores if required.
- Review customer coverage requirements and provide additional insurance products as appropriate.
- Organize and prioritize work process based on order of importance to meet agency requirements and performance expectations.
- Focus on First Class Customer care to provide a positive customer experience
- Return voice mails and emails on a daily basis.
- Identify target source leads for outbound call follow-up using various builder and lender inventory closing reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND LICENSING
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Property & Casualty Agent License in resident state.
- Non-Resident Property & Casualty license in other states a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Homeowners Insurance
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance products for multiple states and carriers.
- Experience with Department of Insurance state specific solicitation and selling regulations.
- Strong customer service skills in fast pace sales office.
- Outgoing, customer service focused, and friendly personality.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Good computer skills experienced with Microsoft and Windows based programs
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Dependable, self-motivated and able to take action with minimal direction.