Permit Coordinator - PHX
Position Title: Permit Coordinator Department: Operations
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist land acquisition by verifying processes, documents and costs associated with proposed location(s) for new lot purchases. Includes any HOA (ARC) approvals as well as municipal requirements.
- Update and verify any changes in pricing for utility connections fees and municipal permitting costs/requirements and coordinate budget dollars with Division Manager/Purchasing Manager.
- Manage and request plot plans per lot acceptance process for Division. Input request and receive dates as required.
- Coordinate/Assemble all required documents for permit submittal to various municipalities including but not limited to:
- Job/Site specific plans
- Floor and roof trusses layout and engineering
- Energy Code Compliance Worksheet
- Appointment of Lien Agent (if applicable)
- Plot plans
- Permit application/Permit Placards
- Monitor and follow up on permit status to ensure timely permit issuance per Lot Purchase schedule.
- Perform check requests for all permits and utility applications
- Compile and distribute start packages to Studios for delivery to Builders
- Submit and pick up all building and Utility permits in all municipalities for the Division
- Resolve permitting concerns that may arise
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be a Notary Public or obtain within 2 weeks of employment
- Construction/Blueprint/Code knowledge
- High level of Microsoft proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage administrative staff.