Position Title: Purchasing Analyst
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Century Purchasing Analysts maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date contract documents, including but not limited to Master Agreements, Scopes of Work, Pricing Addendums, and Pricing Schedules on all active trade partners. Purchasing Analysts are responsible for performing Start Scrubs on all Lot Releases and will accurately release Purchase Orders on time and within budget to ensure the timely and accurate response of our Trade/Vendor Partners in the field and the accurate reporting of Century Community Budgets. Attend all department, division, and company meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all contractor documentation (Vendor Package) is complete, up-to-date, and on file prior to any Purchase Order Release and any trade or vendor beginning work on a Century Communities’ Project.
- Responsible for the timely receipt of all contracts, pricing, and pricing documentation from all trade and vendor partners.
- Release Purchase Orders 2 weeks prior to Release to Field per the scheduled MS.START Date.
- Generate a Start Scrub for all lots prior to PO Generation with the accurate budget numbers.
- Process Vendor Changes, PO Price Updates, and Change Orders within 24 hours of request.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer literacy in a variety of systems
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work with various departments, foster teamwork and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems, gather and accurately analyze information in a timely manner
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Experience in a purchasing position is preferred
- Experience in the Construction or Homebuilding industries is preferred
- Experience working with homebuilding systems (ie: NewStar) is preferred