Manager of Finance & Accounting
Century Living is the single family and multifamily build for rent division of top ten publicly traded homebuilder, Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS). As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing Century Living's finance function. Responsibilities of the role will include overseeing Century Living's budgeting, reviewing monthly draw requests and project accounting, maintaining project level lender compliance, forecasting monthly and quarterly cash flows, and coordinating with Century's Corporate Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, and Treasury Functions. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the applicable personnel (e.g., Development Manager, Development Associate, Construction Project Manager, and Executive Team) to manage project budgets and monitor allocation of corporate funds within the multifamily and build for rent division.
- Review and track monthly draws for construction projects, ensuring accuracy, tracking lien waivers, coordinating funding/distribution of funds, and ensuring completeness and compliance with operating agreement and lender requirements.
- Monitor general ledgers on an ongoing basis and review on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure proper GAAP recording of income, expense, and balance sheet items for all acquisitions, land, and development projects.
- Coordinate cash management for development projects, including wire transfers, funding requisitions, bank reconciliations, and accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly and year-end reporting packages for development projects and consolidated joint venture entities (if applicable), including variance analysis, cash flow analysis, and capital expenditure analysis.
- Oversee accounting management of operations which includes maintaining organized records, developing policies and procedures in compliance with industry best practices, and implementing appropriate internal controls/processes.
- Coordination with Corporate Accounting and Corporate Finance on processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with development team in the creation of a monthly cost projection, cash forecasts, and creation of business intelligence and dashboard reports, helping to make sure projections of costs and yields are accurately reflected.
- Ensure that proper approvals are obtained for all budgets, draws, and contractor's requisitions for all pre-development, land, and development projects.
- Identify inefficiencies in the accounting system, recommend and help implement processes to reduce redundancy and improve accuracy.
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries from partners and colleagues.
- Assist in Property and Annual Plan/Budget/Projection preparation process by preparing revenue projections and variance analysis for certain accounts, generating reports, and preparing budget package.
- Prepare quarterly and annual debt compliance, including compliance certificates and DSCR/Debt Yield calculations in accordance with loan documents.
- Assist Property Manager with verifying operating information or reconciliations between Property Management's software and Property Budget / Projections.
- Assist in the setup of new projects with guidance from Corporate Accounting.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Possess a skilled understanding of construction draws, job costing, project billings, etc.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to research and report results.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment as a member of the team and to manage multiple critical path tasks at any given time.
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in multifamily real estate development, property management, construction, or related field preferred.
- Five or more years professional accounting experience.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate a base salary in the range of $90,000.00 - $125,000.00, plus an annual bonus. Final offer will be based on a variety of factors including education and experience.