Corporate Purchasing Manager
Position Title: Corporate Purchasing Manager
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Corporate Purchasing Manager (CPM) implements and monitors the companies purchasing and trade contracting policies to ensure quality, consistency & speed across all Divisions. The CPM is also responsible for National Account development through the strategic alignment of products and/or services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Purchasing Analysts charged with the timely receipt of all contracts, pricing, and pricing documentation from all trade and vendor partners.
- Ensure the release of Purchase Orders to facilitate the company’s production schedule and accurate budgets reflections the costs to be incurred on each home.
- Generate a Start & Sales budget reviews for all lots prior to PO Generation with the accurate budget numbers.
- Work with the Corporate Starts team to ensure that all trade contracts are reflected in a monthly model budget and that homes released reflect correct costing.
- Manage & train Purchasing Analysts and Division Purchasing Managers on processes that afford speed and accuracy of trade onboarding & contract/ data management.
- Systematic & Routine analysis of company costing structure & procedures to reduce overages or budgeting shortfalls.
- Develop / manage national and regional rebate programs through the strategic alignment of products and/or services that are mutually beneficial to both the Division and the company.
- Facilitate routine training and strategy meetings with all Division Purchasing Managers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years minimum experience in procurement (preferably in production home building)
- Works well and communicates clearly & consistently across multi-functional teams
- Ability to properly forecast, communicate and meet project deliverable dates.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to proactively manage risk
- Experience managing and/or implementing Purchasing databases.
- Experience with Constellation NewStar and Hyphen BuildPro desired.