Customer Relations Coordinator
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Customer Care Coordinator is responsible for responding to, assigning, and tracking all customer service and warranty-related communications within a specific Division. This position works closely with our Century Homebuyers and the internal warranty and field teams to help ensure an extremely positive and seamless homebuying experience. Additionally, the role partners with our shared resource team to improve our division execution on payables, check requests and vendor payment follow-up
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Handles all initial incoming homebuyer calls, acting as the first point of contact to help answer service-related questions, or delegating/escalating the call to a Customer Relations Manager for immediate customer service support
- Ensures that established procedures are followed in an organized manner, with a focus on daily follow up to guarantee a timely response to our homebuyer/customer requests
- Establish protocols/reports to assure that all information and communications are shared with the Regions and Communities in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s warranty time frames and procedures and ability to triage non-warrantable calls
- Maintain positive homeowner relations; provide the homeowner with a knowledgeable, timely and professional response to telephone, chat and email inquiries
- Input work orders into Build Pro and send to subcontractors responsible for the repairs as identified by the CRM
- Update progress as necessary on requests and work orders in Build Pro
- Monitor trends in warranty service requests. Create and generate reports as necessary to identify such tends
- Follow up verification to confirm warranty work is completed by subcontractors/managers within the designated time frame and ensure ultimate homeowner satisfaction
- Formulate and keep updated warranty manuals, orientation packages, policies, and procedure manuals and homeowner handbook
- Respond to corporate complaints within one (1) hour and update the SVP of Operations and Director of Sales & Marketing in writing within the same day received
- Contact homeowners with upcoming and non-respondent surveys to ensure awareness, and follow up with appropriate manager on any feedback or requests generated as a result of contacting the homeowners
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Background:
- General understanding of the construction/home building industry
- Professional, enthusiastic and collaborative communication style: A passion for working closely with people and helping to find satisfactory resolutions to problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and an organized, proactive and timely approach to following up with both customers and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to accept constructive feedback in a positive manner, and remain calm and pleasant under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, previous experience working with Excel spreadsheets, solid technology skills including the ability to learn and utilize multiple industry databases and software programs.
Education and Experience:
- Customer service and/or home building experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- College degree preferred; High School/GED required