Accounts Payable Supervisor
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations of all AP transactions including managing incoming emails, mails, and vendor inquiries.
- Perform daily/weekly check runs (ACH’s and paper checks).
- Post and reconcile weekly supplier and land payments.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Run weekly cash requirements and reconcile prior to sending to CAO for approval.
- Manage various invoice queues to include clearing out exceptions for all Non-PO invoices processed by BOT on a daily basis.
- Adhere to accounting policies and procedures to help ensure the integrity of financial reporting and internal controls.
- Participate in a time sensitive month-end close by making sure all vendor invoices are reflected in the correct accounting period and processed for payment in an appropriate manner prior to closing out the month.
- Display a positive attitude that promotes teamwork, camaraderie, and problem solving.
- Deliver an excellent customer service experience by consistently demonstrating performance standards each and every day. These performance standards include: Attitude, Responsiveness, Communication, Privacy, Teamwork and Accountability.
- Establishing performance metrics for AP staff and managing staff to continuously improve productivity and accuracy.
- Ensure Accuracy, Timeliness and Confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience as an AP Lead or Supervisor
- Minimum of two-year degree in Business, Accounting or related field required
- Strong background in the utilization of a computerized Procurement / Purchase Order system
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting theory, including knowledge surrounding a Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with vendors and internal and external customers.
- Capacity to work with other departments within the organization to reach consensus and solve problems.
- Self-motivating and capable of taking initiative to obtain improvements in the accounts payable process.
- Intermediate skills of accounting systems and Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, people management skills and the ability to priority tasks
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 plus annual bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.