Sr. Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Job ID 22-266
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We're looking for a seasoned Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer that can lead building the automation efforts of our CloudGen Access product at Barracuda.
CloudGen Access was previously known as Fyde, a company we acquired last year. That means you'll be working with multidisciplinary startup-minded engineers with the pros of a big corporation! Talk about learning on the job!
What you’ll be working on:
- This person will work with the development and technical operations teams to ensure that all the infrastructure is automated.
- We follow the principles of Infrastructure as Code to ensure we are able to replicate and test across multiple environments and clouds.
- For data frameworks we have Postgresql (self managed and RDS), MySQL, Elasticsearch and Kafka.
- We also support public scripts/stores for customers to install our products, ranging from simple Bash scripts to software managers like Apt/Yum, Terraform modules, Amazon Cloud formation, Azure Resource Manager and Helm.
- Extra points for experience using PKI, git, overall cloud experience (Azure and GCP), real-life expertise with HA, scaling APIs and proven security practices.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, advanced degree is a plus; or equivalent work experience;
- Proven track record in developing/managing production-grade software;
- Experience in app/network security is a plus;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and extreme sense of ownership;
- Focus on delivering quickly and making an impact;
- Deep desire to make our customers happy;
- Scale our product technology to tens of thousands of customers (millions of devices)
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.