JOB ID- 23-465
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda’s Application Security team builds our Web Application Firewall (WAF) and WAF-as-a-Service product lines, protecting against the latest web application threats such as API attacks, bots, and client-side attacks. Our customers range from top-5 global banks and oil companies to small businesses who lack IT expertise – therefore, a key focus of our engineering efforts is using automation and Machine Learning to help our customers detect threats and tune their configuration for maximum security.
- Our appliance data path primarily uses C/C++
- Our appliance management plane primarily uses Perl, PHP, and Python
- Our SaaS offerings primarily use Python, Django, and React
What you’ll be working on
- As part of our WAF product, we must be able to inspect all protocols our customers use, including HTTP (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), SSL/TLS, WebSockets, UDP.
- You will primarily be working on our proxy implementation for these various protocols.
- As part of your work on the protocols, you will ensure our proxies handle protocol-level vulnerabilities and DoS attacks.
- You will also work on our load balancing algorithm, responsible for routing traffic to our customers’ application servers based on a variety of factors, such as active health checks, passive health checks, and weights.
What you bring to the role
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience on HTTP and SSL domain.
- Hands on experience with multi-threaded programming and asynchronous framework, in primarily C and C++
- Hands on experience of debugging memory and performance related issues in multithreaded environments.
- Must have experience with C/C++.
- Must understand internet protocols such as IP, TCP, and HTTP.
- Advantage for experience with Perl, PHP, or Python.
- Advantage for experience with networking: IP addressing, route tables, packet structure.
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.