Job ID 22-541
Open to remote United States
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy and use. We protect email, networks, data, and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt to our customer's journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda Networks, Inc. is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join a cross-product team building tools to improve our understanding of our customer's business posture and our ability to serve them. As part of the Cross Engineering team, you will be part of a hard-working team working across the company to provide key products and services.
The Tech Stack you will be working with (All nice to have) :
- Amazon Redshift
What you’ll be working on:
- Create and maintain optimal database design and performance
- Data management, modeling, schema definition and validation, orchestration, access, and control, quality enforcement
- SQL Query authoring and optimization
- Implement new technologies and algorithms to enhance what we can provide for our customers
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline including 3+ years of related experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of Amazon Redshift
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Significant experience with statically-typed (Golang preferred, Java) and dynamically-typed (Python preferred) languages
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Strong development skills using Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP). Experience with AWS Redshift is a plus.
- Strong know-how in security and network technologies
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture and design principles. Prior experience with K8s is a plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD strategies
- Working knowledge of source control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Working knowledge of PowerBI
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross-training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities