Linux System Engineer (m/f/d)
Job ID 23-036
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
As a QA Engineer you are challenging our firewall solution and the entire software development process. You are passionate about revealing well-hidden bugs and gaps in complex systems. Together with the software engineering team, you continuously improve our product in terms of performance, functionality and security and ensure the high-quality standard that our customers expect. For that, you are involved in the entire development process, from the initial idea to release.
What you’ll be working on
- Take part in the software development process of our Linux-based firewall as a QA expert
- Work on all aspects of software testing, including feature tests, regression tests and test automation
- Test new and existing features in terms of performance, functionality and security
- Design and develop test sequences and automated test scripts
- Work with our ticketing system Jira
What you bring to the role
- IT/technical education and professional experience as a software tester or system administrator
- Strong know how in network technology/-security as well as very good Linux skills
- Experience with Python, Bash or other scripting languages is plus
- Creativity and curiosity, willingness to learn and work in an international team
- Strong communication skills, including proficiency in English; German is a plus
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience, and qualification. Based on the CBA level, the minimum gross salary for this position is EUR 36.890,00.