Support Monitoring Specialist
Job ID 22-530
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
The Barracuda Support Monitoring Specialist is responsible for 24/7 monitoring of Barracuda support customers’ hardware, virtual and cloud appliances. This team member serves as the first line of defense for technology incidents and alerts.
This position performs precise real-time analysis and correlation of logs/alerts from a global customer base with a focus on the determination of whether said events constitute hardware or security incidents. You will analyze, assess, and create a support case for incidents. You will then escalate the case to the appropriate internal support teams for customer notification and troubleshooting assistance.
Quick attention to alerts and creating support cases for priority issues in a professional manner with an emphasis on delivering quality and effective services is a key requirement of this position.
What you'll be working on
- The Support Monitoring Specialist must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours to include night and/or weekend rotation
- Provide proactive and reactive technical support during assigned shifts according to the process and procedures defined by Barracuda
- The events can include hardware/software failures as well as security breaches, threats, or network connectivity issues
- Professionally and courteously answer hardware and security-related questions from the Barracuda Technical Support Engineers. Provides the support engineers with the best possible customer service, creates cases, fills out necessary documentation, and generates reports for management
What you bring to the role
- Experience with Salesforce and support case management
- 1+ year experience working in a professional IT environment
- Associates degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant equivalent work experience
- Network-related industry certification: Network+, Security+, Linux+,
- Customer-first Mentality
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Time Management skills
- Strong Professional Communication: Written and Oral
Basic Understanding of the following networking concepts and tools
- OSI Model
- IPv4/IPv6 Addressing and Subnetting
- Computer hardware basics
What you'll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.