Principal Software Engineer
Job Id: 22-787
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
As a Principal SW Engineer/Backend, this person will join the Barracuda Sentinel team - developing innovative security products that focus on sophisticated email attacks. The product scans millions of emails every hour and uses machine learning models to catch advanced threats, such as phishing, conversation hijacking and account takeover.
As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for developing and shipping new features, scaling the existing system, and working together with our research team to implement production-ready algorithms and models.
What you’ll be working on
- Lead SDLC (requirements phase, to development and monitoring in production) to develop and ship new features
- Scale the existing system 10x, while keeping infrastructure costs down
- Collaborate with our research team to implement production ready algorithms and models, using various ML frameworks
- Utilizing the latest AWS capabilities, and making sure our infra is easy to maintain and monitor
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of hands-on software development/backend experience in Python/Django or Node.js/TypeScript; or equivalent framework
- Strong understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases
- Practical experience using cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Be a great communicator and be able to work as a part of a highly impactful team
- Focus on delivering quickly and making an impact
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities