Senior Back End Engineer
Job ID 22-141
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We're looking for a seasoned Senior Backend Engineer that can lead the backend efforts of our Zero-Trust access product, Barracuda CloudGen Access.
CloudGen Access was previously known as Fyde, a company we acquired last year. That means you'll be working with multidisciplinary startup-minded engineers with the pros of a big corporation! Talk about learning on the job
- Our technological stack and infra is modern, based on AWS with Kubernetes, using mostly Ruby on Rails, Python, Go and Bash scripting.
- We use data frameworks such as Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Kafka and Kibana.
- Some other tools we use are Git, Docker, Hashicorp's Terraform, Packer, Vault and Consul, as well as Ansible and Envoy Proxy.
- Extra points for experience using managed AWS services, real-life expertise with HA and scaling APIs and proven security practices.
What you’ll be working on
- Design, implement and test features, improvements and optimizations for our cloud hosted SaaS
- Work on pipelines involving containers and deployment to containerized platforms
- Champion and practice agile software development techniques and test automation processes
- Document and communicate research and results
- Thoughtfully give, and gracefully receive, rigorous code reviews
- Be part of architectural decisions of our infrastructure and more generally, in our product
- Grow a backend team and be their leader
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, advanced degree is a plus; or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record in developing production-grade software
- Experience in cyber security is a plus, experience in PKI is a huge plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and extreme sense of ownership
- Focus on delivering quickly and making an impact
- Deep desire to make our customers happy
- Scale our product technology to tens of thousands of customers (millions of devices)
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.