* Technical Support Representative
Job ID: 23-284
Location: Ottawa, ON
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We are committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. To ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda MSP is on the cutting edge of the SaaS cloud storage market, delivering an exceptional customer experience for its channel partners. Serving over 2000 partners, and nearly 40,000 small businesses, Barracuda MSP is helping to ensure that no small business goes out of business from data loss.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and analytic individual to join a growing team of talented Technical Support Agents that are responsible for providing premium technical support to MSPs who are reselling our Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solutions to SMBs. You’ll be working side by side with some of the key software developers in the company and you will have significant opportunities to learn and grow within the organization.What you’ll be working on
- Provide courteous, efficient, and professional customer service and technical support to prospects and resellers via email, phone, and chat
- Log all incoming contacts and accurately document all customer interactions in a call tracking database
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Barracuda MSP services, its deployment, implementation, and use within client environments
- Understand customer use cases and develop feature requests
- Reproduce and troubleshoot customer issues and provide direct assistance and issue resolution
- Escalate issues to higher support tiers as necessary
- Work with engineering and product management on resolving difficult technical issues
- Actively update your technical skills both in the lab and by writing knowledge base articles
- Identify and suggest improvements to products and other documentation including knowledge base articles, technical documents, and other customer support materials
- College Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years relevant work experience working with technical issues relating to Windows operating environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft technologies including MS Server, Exchange, and SQL Server experience
- Solid experience with virtualization using Hyper-V and VMware
- Basic experience using command line interface and general knowledge of networking protocols and network services (UDP, TCP, DNS, firewall - ports, routing, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and networking knowledge (DNS, IIS, firewall, ports, and routing)
- Some experience with editing registry entries and awareness about performance counters, event logging, diagnostic tools & Windows services - DCOM, WMI, etc.
- Linux experience
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and customer facing skills
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership in the work that you do; tenacity
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.