Business Development Representative
Job ID 22-200
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
The Barracuda Networks team is seeking a motivated sales performer to focus on outbound prospecting to ensure success of Barracuda’s go-to-market strategy. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you’ll be focused on prospecting to generate qualified leads and meetings through outbound sales outreach for pipeline generation for net new customer acquisition. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
What you’ll be working on:
- Outbound communication using cold email, cold calling, social selling, and networking to a large volume of net new customer prospects and targets
- Identify key decision-makers and update and enrich CRM contact information. Managing and logging activity in salesforce.com
- Drive top of the funnel pipeline growth through setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives and Territory Managers
- Produce creative strategies for targeting key decision-makers within targeted net new customers accounts to book qualified sales appointments and meeting for the outside sales teams
- Qualify through discovery to uncover active projects and customer pain points. In depth knowledge of the industry, competitors, and Barracuda solutions to effectively position our company and our solutions
- Work closely with Sales leadership to recruit attendees for webinars and seminars. Set up in territory visits for the outside sales team to coincide with event marketing activities
- Collaborate with marketing to identify opportunities and create a pipeline through demand generation and targeted campaigns
- Maintain lead records and activities using Salesforce
- Provide management accurate forecasting
What you bring to the role
- 2 years of related inside solution software sales or lead generation experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree; or previous equivalent work experience in a team environment and technology savvy.
- Experience with outreach such as cold calling and emailing.
- Great verbal, written communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills such as Outlook/Gmail, MS Office and Salesforce.com.
- A proven track record of competition, success, and building relationships.
- The position is located in the Alpharetta, GA office.
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits