Customer Advocacy Manager
Req ID 22-249
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda is seeking a Customer Advocacy Manager who will bring innovation and creativity to our global customer engagement program in order to build on the successes already in place and drive the program to new heights. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in managing customer reference and advocacy programs as well as developing new initiatives to grow the program further.
You will work cross functionally to build customer participation globally and support requests from stakeholders in Sales and Marketing. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company and bring your previous experience to develop and execute a fully-fledged customer engagement program at Barracuda.
What you’ll be working on
- Manage and enhance the Barracuda customer engagement program, working cross-functionally to identify, engage and nurture customers.
- Fulfil sales and RFP requests for references and match with relevant customers
- Grow customer review activity on peer review sites and communities like Gartner Peer Insights and others
- Develop process to intake and contribute reference customers for a variety of initiatives
- Develop an integrated customer engagement plan with our key customers.
- Support product teams around our customer advisory council as well as other initiatives to engage with customers
- Support marketing reference requests from event and campaign managers, product marketing and communication teams.
- Determine customer reference metrics/goals/benchmarks and track/report progress against them
- Build a customer community to engage with on a continuous basis in order to build advocates and brand ambassadors
- Drive relevant and timely communication to the sales and marketing teams regarding the customer engagement program and build this into the various programs
- Enhance and drive customer communications in the form of newsletters, welcome emails, and exclusive events
- Be able to demonstrate the influence the customer engagement program is having on the business and creating new initiatives to drive this further
What you bring to the role
- Experience in building and running successful customer advocacy programs, including, how to recruit participants, manage the process, grow the community and create, manage and report on the metrics of the program.
- 3+ years of running a customer marketing/reference experience
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and outstanding presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners and customers
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Experience leveraging different marketing channels to ensure our customer stories are heard
- Highly self-motivated individual who enjoys working under limited supervision and can work cross-functionally and across several regions.
- Passionate about customers and getting into the details while also being able to think and act strategically
- Experience with Reference Management and/or Customer Advocacy/Marketing tools (ideal but not essential)
- B2B, high-tech industry experience preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities