*Technical Support Engineer
Job ID: 22-402
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda Networks is currently looking for highly motivated and excited computer and networking technicians, to provide quality support of our superb networking and security products. This role will be an entry-level front-line facing position where you will understand, document, and troubleshoot the customers' product support issues over email, phone, and chat mediums. This position will work within a team and will report into a Tech Support Manager.
What you’ll be working
- Providing superior customer support on our home-grown products
- Interface with customers at a high volume to solve their issues using different applications which include WAF/NG and email/backup
- Develop your skills in network and security products through on-going training
- Document, escalate, and follow through with product bugs and/or issues
- Debug the issue and provide a solution. If not resolved raise a ticket to the next level
What you bring to the role
- Good knowledge and experience in the field of network / IT security and / or data protection (backup systems, e-mail archiving, etc.) is an advantage
- Experience in the field of Linux Command Shell beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, VMware, and Hyper-V virtualization, as well as Exchange and SQL, are advantageous
- CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE certification is an advantage
- A customer-centric focus where you will answer customer calls and emails
- Prior experience with Salesforce is an advantage
- Good English language, additional European languages also beneficial
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.