Analyst, Iron Ore Metals
Job Title: Analyst, Iron Ore Metals
Job type: Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Asia Metals Editor
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
The Analyst will cover the Asian Iron Ore markets through daily price assessments, news coverage, maintaining and expanding the contact base, and attending conferences. He or she will work closely with other editorial members in Singapore to make a daily report. The Analyst will also spearhead development of market coverage, alongside the existing editorial team.
The individual is required to travel at times within China for market facing meetings to develop contact relationships and for market engagement as well as methodology and market related discussions.
Candidates should possess good writing and numerical skills, plus basic computing skills. Spoken fluency in Mandarin in addition to English would be crucial. The work involves cross-checking price assessments, and including analysis in the commentaries.
- Collect market prices and make assessments, adhering to rigorous compliance standards and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Write market commentaries, news, analysis and market outlooks; develop graphs and charts to illustrate trends and analysis; communicate this information in a timely manner to management and subscribers.
- Contribute to and make market presentations as required.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key contacts, develop new contacts and liaise regularly with industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, traders, brokers) to gain market intelligence.
- Maintain existing databases and build new databases for designated products.
- Oversee methodology relevant to coverage, which includes timely communication of needed changes, additions or deletions.
- Cover conferences and events (some travel required).
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus departments.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with strong degree
- Ability to develop, source and write industry relevant news to deadline
- Knowledge of the energy and commodity sectors useful but not essential
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Ability to work effectively with management and meet targets in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills
- Additional languages useful but not essential
- Proficiency/past experience working with Excel/Excel-based business tools
- High level of numerical accuracy
- Integrity and morality
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group healthcare scheme
- 15 days annual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
- Working hours Monday through Friday, 9.30am to 6.30pm
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.