Business Systems Analyst
Job Title:Business Systems Analyst
Job type: Permanent
Location:London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: VP Business Systems
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Argus is undertaking a programme of business system change and investment, in support of rapid business expansion. We have deployed NetSuite’s CRM & ERP solution with Birst Business Intelligence to manage & consolidate our Sales, Finance, CRM, Order Management and Management Information across our global business. We will be making a significant number of enhancements to these platforms over the next few years.
Argus seeks a strong Business Systems Analyst with experience across both Finance and Sales & Marketing. You will be involved in all aspects of system development and support. You will undertake ongoing business analysis across our business functions to identify opportunities and solutions for process improvement and automation.
- Solid configuration experience of NetSuite. Familiarity with the specification and build of custom records, scripting and workflow solutions to automate business processes.
- Working with stakeholders at various levels throughout the organisation to define user stories, functional specifications and create proof of concepts.
- Experience of Business Intelligence tools (preferably Birst) and Data Warehousing
- User centred design approach to configuring new business system processes, ensuring usability, user experience & adoption of our systems is an integral part of the role
- Ensure that development or package solutions are efficiently built or configured to clear and full specifications which can be tested to assure good quality overall deliverables.
- Ensure that solutions post-deployment can continue to be supported through effective change management procedures, with regression testing and improved test coverage.
- Undertake research activities of new functionality & development in NetSuite and our systems and how it might benefit the Argus community.
- Develop a strong understanding of Argus’ business processes and objectives to be in a position to implement effective solutions resolving business challenges.
- Build consensus and agreement across diverse and global stakeholder groups to standardise & simplify business and system processes.
- Track system defects and enhancements and support the system configuration.
- Support continued user adoption efforts to ensure the system is fully utilised, supporting business user training across the organisation.
- Support upgrade testing including development of test scenarios and test data, and execution of upgrade tests.
Business Process Analysis
- Ensure strong process documentation of business requirements with process workflows are created and kept up to date to enable effective support by the Business Systems team.
- Map “As-Is” and “To-Be” processes accurately and clearly to communicate understanding and build a vision of a solution
- Ensure scope of work is clearly understood and agreed, providing reliable estimates for work, so that stakeholder expectations can be managed.
- Ensure requirements are clearly evaluated and well thought out solutions provided, with recommended options.
- Gather & document clear, testable requirements.
- Work with third-party partners on complex development projects, ensuring both.
- Integration of newly acquired businesses and alignment of business and system processes.
- Experience & knowledge and understanding of the B2B sales process, together with associated accounting concepts and how they are achieved within CRM and ERP applications.
- Knowledge of campaign management and tracking objectives, and how they can be achieved within CRM systems.
- Experience of online purchasing systems and processes including credit card processing and settlement.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of working with cloud-based ERP/CRM applications (preferably NetSuite) and their configuration/customisation in line with business requirements, ideally gained within a subscription-based business.
- A strong understanding of ERP applications and business functional areas for AR, AP and GL
- A strong understanding of CRM/SFA applications, such as NetSuite, Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics or equivalent.
- Experience working with business intelligence solutions and familiarity with both the specification of reporting requirements and the contribution to effective reporting solutions
- Experience of working in projects involving data and system integration with third party platforms and databases as well as using Excel and data import and ETL tools.
- Confidence/proficiency in all Microsoft packages including data management in Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of relational databases and their use in CRM applications
- Has the ability to form effective working relationships with stakeholders across all business functions, being mindful of the Business Systems brand & reputation throughout the organisation.
- Understands that a successful delivery & service can only be achieved through effective team work, strong communication and active collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written documentation skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence, knowing when to push and when to pull back when dealing with key stakeholders.
- Detail & results oriented with a strong work ethic. Takes personal responsibility for delivering quality work.
- Works independently or as a team player and understands importance of keeping line manager and business stakeholders informed.
- Recognises opportunities and proactively is an ideas contributor to initiate change.
- Pro-active approach to our user base identifying problems and finding strategies to avoid them in the future.
- Flexible in approach and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience working in project teams using waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Business Analysis certification is highly desirable, ideally BCS qualifications.
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions