DevOps ( Application Administrator, SaaS Operations Windows) 1-5 yrs
Agilysys (Nasdaq: AGYS) is a leading technology company that provides innovative point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, workforce management, analytics, document management and mobile and wireless solutions and services to the hospitality industry. The company's solutions and services allow property managers to better connect, interact and transact with their customers by streamlining operations, improving efficiency, increasing guest recruitment and wallet share, and enhancing the guest experience. Agilysys serves four major market sectors: Gaming, both corporate and tribal; Hotels, Resorts and Cruise; Foodservice Management; and Restaurants, Universities, Stadia and Healthcare. Agilysys operates throughout North America, Europe and Asia, with corporate services located in Alpharetta, GA. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com
Agilysys delivers highly-available cloud services for the hospitality industry. We practice Agile methodologies, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions. As a member of the Agilysys SaaS Operations team, you are responsible for operating SaaS production services, and integrating service operations workflow with product development and customer support lifecycles. You have experience with application administration in a SaaS production environment. You will continually improve the way we deliver software as a service, by automating operations workflows, continually assessing and improving service performance, and cultivating collaboration across the development, support and operations lifecycle.
- Act as the primary administrator for designated production SaaS applications. Proactively monitor, apply upgrades & patches, troubleshoot problems and look to find ways to improve system performance and customer satisfaction. Act as a backup administrator for other designated SaaS applications when needed.
- Act as primary escalation point for production issues with designated SaaS applications.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of SaaS application functionality, to aid in troubleshooting issues and to mentor field staff in understanding operational capabilities.
- Work cooperatively with product engineering teams to implement new products, facets of existing products or new solutions that will reduce costs, improve supportability and enhance reliability.
- Maintain a well-defined production application configuration, and adhere to a disciplined process for introducing change to production. Maintain adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
- Design and perform routine recurring tasks as defined by SaaS Operations maintenance documentation. Coordinate process efficiency efforts to improve application installation, troubleshooting and maintenance. Write and improve scripts to automate operational tasks.
- Generate metrics and reports to monitor application up-time, scalability and customer creation.
- Participate on customer or prospect conference calls as necessary to help define solutions or to provide technical consultation to customers on application specifics.
- Assist in maintaining documentation of disaster recovery processes, security policies, systems enhancements, and other important business processes that will improve the efficiency of systems usage. Maintain processes to meet industry-standard audit & compliance requirements. Experience working in a PCI-certified data center a plus.
- Create initial application configuration for new SaaS application instances. Ensure all baseline executables are scheduled; verify backups and disaster recovery plan.
- Manage moderately complex operations projects through all stages, including: conception and planning, incorporating input from other teams, proof of concept, build and roll out production solution, and documentation.
- May participate in on-call duties to maintain operational coverage.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major course of study in Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of recent experience practicing application administration in a production cloud/automated environment.
- 1+ years of recent experience with Windows or Linux systems administration.
- Operating Systems: Experience administering applications hosted on Windows servers. Some familiarity with applications hosted on Linux operating systems.
- Operations Automation: Knowledge of scripting technologies, such as Powershell, Python, or Bash.
- Tools: familiar with the Atlassian suite: Stash/Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with team members across the operations lifecycle.
- Bring a sense of humor and a friendly, collaborative approach to solving problems.
- Calmly own and resolve unexpected requests that occur.
- Seek out opportunities for continual improvement; take ownership and collaborate with your team to implement.
- Communicate openly and effectively, with team members in operations, product engineering, and product support.
- Discuss your work with team members, ask questions, openly give and receive advice.
- Be disciplined and imaginative in your approach to design and engineering.
- Escalate issues as needed to other members of the SaaS Operations team.