Core Java Developer (5-10 yrs)
Agilysys is well known for its long heritage of hospitality-focused technology innovation. The Company delivers modular and integrated software solutions and expertise to businesses seeking to maximize Return on Experience (ROE) through hospitality encounters that are both personal and profitable. Over time, customers achieve High Return Hospitality by consistently delighting guests, retaining staff and growing margins. Customers around the world include branded and independent hotels; multi-amenity resort properties; casinos; property, hotel and resort management companies; cruise lines; corporate dining providers; higher education campus dining providers; food service management companies; hospitals; lifestyle communities; senior living facilities; stadiums; and theme parks. The Agilysys Hospitality Cloud™ combines core operational systems for property management (PMS), point-of-sale (POS) and Inventory and Procurement (I&P) with Experience Enhancers™ that meaningfully improve interactions for guests and for employees across dimensions such as digital access, mobile convenience, self-service control, personal choice, payment options, service coverage and real-time insights to improve decisions. Core solutions and Experience Enhancers are selectively combined in Hospitality Solution Studios™ tailored to specific hospitality settings and business needs. Agilysys operates across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific, and India with headquarters located in Alpharetta, GA. For more information visitAgilysys.com. visit Agilysys.com.
- In a technology startup environment , execute green field designs and implementations, build systems, engineering processes and delivery systems.
- Participate in and own delivering high quality software with customer focused features.
- Own or review component level designs.
- Collaborate with software architect on system level architecture.
- Collaborate with program management on product features and requirements.
- Ensure Agile software engineering best practices are utilized and are continuously enhanced.
- Design, develop, new or maintain existing integration projects and services using the Java EE, REST, JMS and other technology stacks.
- Define technical scope and objectives through research and participation in requirements gathering and definition of processes.
- Follow a test-driven development process.
- Represent the customer’s interests during reviews of functional requirements and code.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure timely product delivery.
- Engineering degree from a reputed college.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in application software product development.
- Strong passion for software development and customer delivery.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work with corporate stakeholders as well and technical experts.
- Experience with customer and scenario focused engineering.
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks (REST/ AJAX/JSON).
- Experience with Dependency Injection (Spring), ORM (JPA, Hibernate), Java NIO (and Jetty or Tomcat support), multithreading (java.util.concurrent), OSGI, XML/JSON processing and Apache Maven.
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, designing and developing secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews, and documentation.
- Strong software testing skills, including experience with TestNG or JUnit.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of commitment.
Other Desired Experience
- Some experience with noSQL - MongoDB preferred.
- Some experience with deployment automation tools such as Docker.
- Hospitality experience
- Relational database and unstructured data experience
- Experience shipping software in globalized and localized environments
- Exposure to delivering software as a service