Verification and Validation Engineer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Learn from and adhere to internal quality manual (Quality System Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms).
- Perform manual and automated testing of medical devices with embedded software.
- Testing via the device User interface
- Remote testing via wired communication interfaces
- Remote testing via wireless communication interfaces
- Peripheral (SD Card, external measurement, etc.) functionality testing via SD Card, wired, and wireless interfaces
- Perform manual and automated testing of software only medical devices (iOS apps, web apps, etc.)
- Perform Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Review code for logic errors, proper coding conventions, best practices, etc., and provide feedback
- Quickly learn to use automated test tools and specialty test equipment; develop and validate automated test scripts.
- Log defects and issues found during V&V activities and track to closure.
- Prioritize project tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining quality of work.
- Work in a team environment; peer review work.
- Provide weekly project status reports.
- Develop test plans, test procedures, trace matrices, and test reports.
- Perform regression analysis and determine testing associated with design changes.
- Work closely with Design Quality Engineer to identify safety related units in software
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years professional experience.
- Experience with software V&V of embedded devices required
- Basic understanding of global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards preferred
The Location: This opportunity is based in Monroeville, PA.